Bloating-stomach pain after eating Danger signs “Stomach cancer” Did you know that “ Stomach Cancer” (Stomach Cancer or Gastric Cancer) is one of the 10 most common cancers that Thai people suffer from? And according to the World Health Organization (GLOBOCAN) in 2018, stomach cancer is the third leading cause of all cancer deaths worldwide. It also has the fifth highest incidence of all cancers. Report from ทางเข้า ufabet
But the most frightening thing about this disease is Symptoms in the early stages These appear to be symptoms that are common and not severe, such as bloating, frequent burping, heartburn, abdominal pain, distension, nausea, loss of appetite, etc., and as the duration of the disease develops more May cause stomach discomfort.
Especially the upper and middle abdominal areas. There is blood in the stool. Vomiting blood, weight loss, fatigue, or may resemble symptoms of other diseases such as stomach ulcer disease. stomach virus This may cause these warning signs to be overlooked. with the understanding that it was a symptom of another diseas.
Stomach cancer causes
Stomach cancer has many characteristics. Both tumors occur in the stomach lining. Lymphoma of the stomach and cancer of the connective tissue or gastrointestinal cancer (GIST), which has different causes, such as
- Infection with H. Pylori bacteria in the stomach or duodenum.
- Chronic inflammation of the stomach from eating certain foods that trigger inflammation, such as grilled food, smoked food, salty food, or fermented food.
- heavy smoking or drink alcohol regularly
- People who have had cancer elsewhere in the body before
In addition to the factors mentioned above, there are also other physical characteristics. of people in risk groups Things that you should be careful about and regularly check your body include:
- People aged 40 years and over
- This disease is two times more common in males than in females.
- Found in Asians more than any other race.
- Found in people with blood group A. more than other groups
- People who have had stomach surgery for more than 20 years
- People with Pernicious Anemia
Just one symptom may not always be specific to stomach cancer Bloating-stomach pain. There are other diseases that are more common than stomach cancer, such as gastritis, inflammatory bowel disease , acid reflux , etc.
Diagnosis of stomach cancer
Diagnosis begins with a history and physical examination. Some people need to have a combination of symptoms. Some people must have continuous follow-up treatment before they will know that they have stomach cancer. Therefore, keep changing medical facilities when symptoms do not improve. This may result in a delay in diagnosis.
When doctors suspect that a patient may have cancer. There will other additional testing methods, including:
- Swallowing opaque powder By having the patient swallow water mixed with a powder-like opaque substance. which will coat the esophagus and small intestine, along with taking periodic X-ray pictures so that lumps or other abnormalities can be seen. However, this method may not be very popular because the lesion cannot be seen. directly but is more often used to check for peristalsis of the esophagus and stomach
- Endoscopy of the upper gastrointestinal tract To evaluate the lesions within the stomach. This endoscopic method is very popular. In addition to being able to see the lesions directly A tissue sample can also be taken for pathological examination. Bloating-stomach pain Check for pathogenic bacteria in the stomach. And injections can be given to stop the bleeding while there is bleeding in the stomach.
- Endoscopy with ultrasound To know the depth of the cancer or the spread of the cancer to nearby organs.
- Computed tomography or CT scan so that the doctor can see the location of the disease and its distribution in detail. To evaluate the distance and choose the appropriate treatment method.